Big Bend Events

Hello! In December I went on a trip to Big Bend. It was lots of fun. I went on a looonnng hike, called "The Window Trail". There were lots of clouds. On the way back, me and my mom saw a deer. When we were going and leaving, we saw lots of javelinas. I had a fun time there.

Big Bend is in the southwest of Texas. It is a desert there. In deserts there are lots of cacti. My favorite cactus is the century plant. We saw a really big one on the way to the Window. They can live to be 100 years old. We also saw blind prickly pears. They call them "blind" because they can make cattle go blind with their tiny spines that can blow in the wind.

We also did some park ranger stuff. I got to learn about rattlesnakes, plants and animals, and geology. That was sooo cool. Ranger Sarah told about plants and animals. Ranger Christina told about rattlesnakes. Ranger Amanda told about geology. Me and K went to a ranger thing to become an official Junior Ranger. I also got a badge and a certificate and a fun book. That was really cool.

I hope to go to Big Bend some other time!
Thanks for reading!

T~P

1 comments:

So cool and sounds like so much fun! Congrats on becoming a Junior Ranger :) You will definitely have to show me around the next time you go out there and when I'm back in Texas.

-Lucy

Post a Comment